- In this video, we will cover how to set up our free software update compliance dashboard reports for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). Learn more about the reports and download the installer from https://patchmypc.net/reports
Topics in Video
- Gary Simmons blog with guides of software update report creation for Microsoft SCCM
- Download the MSI to install the software update reports: https://youtu.be/b2V6dDJazwY?t=32
- Install the publishing service: https://youtu.be/b2V6dDJazwY?t=64
- Install the reporting dashboard: https://youtu.be/b2V6dDJazwY?t=74
- Review the available dashboard reports: https://youtu.be/b2V6dDJazwY?t=178
it is free reports i cant install it alone
They are free.
Thanks so much for this – our security people are looking for compliance info and this will blow their mind! One error I had though: in dashboard 3 SUG compliance, I selected our Windows 10 security update group and in the ‘Applicable Software updates’ chart I clicked on a column and got this message:
An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Cannot read the next data row for the dataset SU_Information. (rsErrorReadingNextDataRow)
The conversion of a nvarchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value.
We will look into this in the next update can you send a screenshot?
How do I send a screenshot?
And what did you want a screenshot of exactly please? I copied and pasted all the text on the error screen so I dont think theres much else to see maybe?
The column or link you clicked when you got the error can you just upload to imgur.com and post that URL?
After running the install, the folder gets created but there are no reports in it.
Can you download version 1.4.1 of the publishing service? I believe we fixed an upload bug that could be your issue.
Hi Justin, I was wondering how the number of workstations/servers are calculated on report 01-Software Update Dashboard?
When I run the report it is showing a smaller number for Win7/10 computers than my device collection in SCCM.
Based on OS caption + checking in in the last 14 days.